Women have long served as volunteers in the community, sharing their time and talent to improve society and the world. The same is still true today, even as women expand their roles in business, government and the nonprofit sector. Over the years, women have identified multiple overlapping opportunities for philanthropic involvement—giving time, talent and financial resources for the common good. This is especially true at Florida State University.
Formed in 2008, The Women for Florida State University strives to:
- increase awareness of opportunities for women to stay actively engaged in life at the university;
- educate the community on the vital role women play in the past, present and future of Florida State;
- mentor the next generation of women leaders and philanthropists;
- provide a vehicle for members to communicate effectively;
- and recognize and celebrate accomplishments of the women of Florida State.
Please check back frequently for more information on events and workshops, as well as other ways to become involved.