Is there a Florida State University alumna or friend who has made a positive impact on your life as a woman? Nominate her for the Gift of Wisdom Award!
To submit a nomination, please share your story about the female who has inspired or supported you as a woman and fostered the betterment of women worldwide.
1. Tell us in a one-page cover letter:
- The nominee's connection to Florida State University
- Examples of how this woman has embodied the values of W4FSU in engaging, sharing with, promoting and celebrating women in your experiences with her. This can be in the form of a narrative that details important events and context from the woman's life, or you may provide a few short, illustrative anecdotes
- How the nominee has shown a commitment to her community, either within or beyond Florida State University, by sharing her time, talents or resources
Please include the nominee's name, address, phone number and email address along with your name, relationship to the nominee, address, phone number and email address.
2. Additional information, such as a CV/resume, letters of support or background information on other accolades, may be attached separately and submitted along with a cover letter by the nomination deadline. The committee will review no more than four pages of this additional information.
3. Nominations should be emailed to Laura Glenn by Monday, December 3, 2018.
Rules and Regulations
The presentation of the Gift of Wisdom Award takes place during the closing dinner of the annual Women for Florida State University Backstage Pass event, slated for February 23, 2019.
Recipients MUST attend the awards ceremony to receive an award. If a recipient is unable to attend during the year in which they were selected, they may defer to the following year. The awards committee retains and considers nominations for three years or until selected.
This award was created as a celebration of all women’s individual stories, and we look forward to hearing yours!
Click here to learn more about the Gift of Wisdom Award and to read about past recipients.